Thursday, June 9, 2011

Concrete Wave: Buyer's Guide Cover

So it's been a long time since I've updated. Due to the need for paying gigs, my skate sculptures have been on the back burner for a while. Even this one was done some time ago and I just haven't found the time to update accordingly.
Through a bit of networking I got in touch with Mike Brook at Concrete Wave. He commissioned me to create a sculpture for the cover of his 2011 buyer's guide. Needless to say it was a great opportunity. He wanted me to depict a skater riding a 'concrete wave'. As you can see, I took that extremely literally.
I realize alot of you guys that drop in on this blog don't do much long boarding and I'm sure the helmet kills it for a lot of you, but this was a commission piece so I had some pre-requisites to follow. Anyway, thanks for taking a look.




No comments:

Post a Comment